To comply with legislation, staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in the safe handling of loads.
This half-day course instructs employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to competently:
- Assess manual handling tasks
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Lift and handle loads safely
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in safe handling of loads:
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting bags/sacks
- Team Lifting (as appropriate)
Methods of Training
This course combines lecture methods with “hands-on” practical work using different types of materials in various workplace settings.
Participants : 12 maximum per half day session
Duration : Half day (2 sessions can be held per day)
Participants can also be trained on an individual basis as we regularly run public courses in our Training Centre in Cork.
Call us on 021-4559180 for more information and available dates or send us a message via our Contact Form.