WELCOME TO ANDERLIFT
Anderlift Safety Services was formed in 2002. The company is a private limited company which has been trading successfully in Cork for nearly 20 years.
Anderlift Safety Services is a nationwide provider of Health and Safety Training and Consultancy to both Industry and the Public Service.
We are a Quality Assured and Recognised training organisation. We provide training that is recognised on the National Framework of Awards, leading to QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) awards.
We are a PHECC (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council) recognised institution. We provide First Aid Response and First Aid Response Refresher Training leading to PHECC certification for same.
We are IITD / FAS National Training Award Winners and our Training Manager, Oliver Carroll is a recipient of an individual national training award for his innovation in developing training programmes for key clients and staff.
QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
COURSE BRIEFING INFORMATION FOR LEARNERS
Anderlift Safety Services are a well-established provider of Health and Safety Training and Consultancy, operating nationwide. We are a subsidiary of an engineering based company, Anderco Lifting and provide a broad range of mainstream Health and Safety training, including Management and Supervisory Training, Safety Committee and Safety Representative, Manual Handling and Manual Handling Instructor, First Aid, Confined Space, Height and Harness, Forklift, Abrasive Wheels and many other courses.
We are FET Legacy providers and provide training that is recognised on the National Framework of Awards, leading to QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) awards.
We currently provide:
- Manual Handling Instructor (6S0242 - QQI Level 6 award)
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794 - QQI Level 5 award)
- Safety Representative Course (5N1451 - QQI Level 5 award)
- Training Delivery and Evaluation (6N3326 – QQI Level 6 award)
Please note that apart from the Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor programme (which is a stand-alone Special Purpose Award), it may be possible to link the other component awards we offer above to major awards. Please go to www.QQI.ie for further information.
For further information on awards and on QQI please go to www.QQI.ie
QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCEDURES
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide training that is of real value to learners in their work environment and in terms of their career planning. With this in mind our approach is inclusive, learner focused and at the same time geared to achieving a consistently high standard that can be externally tested, authenticated and confirmed. Anderlift are committed to supplying a high level of support to learners at all stages of the learning process, from programme selection to the assessment stage. Anderlift operate a completely fair and transparent participation and assessment process for all programmes. Learners are kept informed of their progress at all stages of the learning process.
Anderlift have agreed a quality assurance agreement covering the following areas:
• Staff Recruitment and Development
• Access, Transfer and Progression
• Programme Development, Delivery and Review
• Fair and Consistent Assessment of Learners
• Protection for Learners
• Self-Evaluation of Programmes and Services
• Recognition of Prior Learning
Anderlift are committed to supplying a high level of support to learners at all stages of the learning process, from programme selection to the assessment stage. Anderlift operate a completely fair and transparent assessment process for all programmes and learners are kept informed of their progress. Anderlift also have an appeals process that is fully explained and available to learners, if required.
Student Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure
Complaints and Learner Appeals Policy Statement
Anderlift Safety Services understand the right of clients and students to make justifiable general complaints and to appeal issues relating to both course entry and participation. Anderlift Safety Services also recognise the right of students to appeal our assessment process and specifically the allocation of results and grades. A management approved system for dealing with learner complaints and appeals is agreed.
Complaints and Appeals Procedure
General Complaints from Clients or Students
In terms of general complaints, Anderlift Safety Services maintain a complaints register that will log any incoming complaint from either students or clients. All complaints are dealt with by our General Manager.
It is likely that complaints will arise in relation to:
- Deficiency in course information received
- Issues in relation to facilities or course arrangements
- Behaviour or attitude of course staff or other students
- Specific difficulty with tutor staff or others
General complaints will be dealt with as follows:
- Establish name and contact details of complainant.
- Establish and record the precise details of the complaint/concern.
- Initial Response- Anderlift will deal with the complaint by means of initial response to complainant or will inform the complainant that a more detailed review of the complaint is needed, with a comprehensive response to follow.
- Anderlift will examine the precise nature of the complaint by means of discussion with course tutors and/or other relevant parties involved and will formulate a comprehensive response to either client or student within 7 days or receiving the complaint.
- Anderlift will propose a suitable corrective action and seek agreement from complainant to rectify complaint.
- Anderlift will propose and implement a plan to prevent future recurrence of similar complaint, as necessary.
- If the complaint is very serious in nature, Anderlift may engage the services of an outside expert to assist in the complaint investigation and resolution process.
Management and Monitoring
Full details of complaint handling and disposal are logged in the complaints register and controlled by our General Manager.
Appeals by Students relating to Course Entry
- Anderlift Safety Services Ltd. will publish course entry criteria for QQI programme participation - separate for each programme.
- Anderlift Safety Services Ltd. will encourage broad and inclusive participation on QQI programmes, as far as is possible and will deal with any complaints related to course entry by means of discussion with students on the specific course entry requirements published. Course entry requirements will include information on the nature and structure of the programme, method of delivery, duration, fees applicable and welfare arrangements to include arrangements for personnel with particular learning or physical needs.
- Any appeal will be dealt with in a similar manner to the general complaints procedure outlined above, with a view to achieving a satisfactory outcome for both the student making an appeal and Anderlift Safety Services, within 7 days.
- A full record of the appeal will be logged and held on file by Anderlift Safety Services.
Appeals by students relating to Assessment Results
- Anderlift Safety Services will internally verify course assessment results for students. Marking of assessment examinations and result verification will always be completed by one of a small number of internal subject matter experts.
- Anderlift Safety Services will inform students of assessment results as part of the results approval process, prior to forwarding the results for External Authentication and Certification.
- Students will be informed that they may appeal the result received within 14 days of receiving the result.
- An appeal of the result will be considered by Anderlift Safety Services and will include a rechecking of assessment marks allocated for both theoretical and practical elements of the assessment, as well as consultation with course tutor/assessor as to the actual conduct and content of the assessment.
- A student appeal, if upheld, can lead to a change in result or lead to a student being allowed to be re-examined in relation to either practical or theoretical elements of a programme.
- If an appeal is not upheld, no change of grade will be allowed.
- The student will be given full information on the conduct and result of the appeal, which will be dealt with within 7 days of the appeal being lodged.
- Full details of the handling and disposal of the appeal will be recorded and maintained by Anderlift Safety Services Ltd.
Management and Monitoring
Full details of all appeals handling and disposal are logged in the complaints and appeals register and controlled by our General Manager and reviewed annually.
Anderlift Safety Services may engage the services of an external subject matter expert to adjudicate on a particular assessment result, if general rechecking of work submitted and marking/assessment systems applied do not result in a satisfactory resolution of a specific appeal.
Anderlift Safety Services will consider “compassionate consideration” issues at all stages of the learning process. We will consider the rescheduling of assessment arrangements and deadlines for submission to facilitate learners who, through no fault of their own, require compassionate consideration. The following factors are considered as being likely to merit compassionate consideration, subject to confirmation, clarification and as required in some cases, medical certification:
- A physical Injury or Emotional trauma arising prior to project assessment submission deadline or prior to other scheduled written or practical examination.
- A physical disability or disabling condition such as epilepsy, glandular fever or other incapacitating illness affecting the learner.
- Recent bereavement or serious illness of close family member or friend
- Severe accident
- Substantial Domestic Crisis
- Other extenuating circumstances. (To be defined)
Anderlift will consider the specific nature of each compassionate request made and will decide (on the basis of evidence) on fair procedure relating to each case. Anderlift are aware of the need for flexibility in terms of compassionate consideration and will balance this need for flexibility with the essential requirement to maintain the integrity and fairness of the assessment process.
REPEAT OF ASSESSMENT
Anderlift Safety Services will continue to work towards ensuring that all learners can achieve a satisfactory or higher level of success at the assessment phase of our programmes. Should a participant fail to achieve a pass grade at least on a particular programme assessment, Anderlift will be open to allowing the participant involved to repeat a specific assessment in order to achieve a pass grade. This arrangement will be subject to maintaining the overall integrity of the assessment process, while at the same time ensuring that participants can be facilitated in their efforts to successfully complete our programmes.
Anderlift Safety Services understand that the vast majority of assessment submissions will constitute the honest work and the genuine, valid efforts of individual learners. In the event of suspicion of Malpractice at the assessment phase on the part of a learner, Anderlift will expedite an investigation and make findings so that the integrity of the overall assessment process is maintained. It is likely that Anderlift will be in a position to carry out this investigation from within the expertise of our own results approval panel, however, Anderlift will engage the services on an identified independent adjudicator, if deemed necessary.
Examples of potential malpractice activity includes:
- Learner Plagiarism
- Impersonation of another Learner
- Fabrication of Submission Evidence
- Alteration of Results
- Wrongly obtaining secure assessment material (Examination Information)
- Any other covert attempt to undermine the assessment process.
Anderlift will ensure that any investigation of Malpractice will be completed in a manner and within a time frame that will not impact adversely on a learner against whom an unproven allegation is made.
For full details of course programmes, learner requirements and booking details, please contact Patricia O Leary, General Manager on 021-4559180 or e-mail: email@example.com