On completion of this training participants will be able to:
- List the legal requirements of working with abrasive wheels
- Select appropriate abrasive wheels
- Correctly mount abrasive wheels
- Legislation including the Abrasive Wheels Regulations 1982
- Hazard Identification / Risk Assessment
- Causes of Accidents
- Methods of selection, mounting, storing and handling
- Methods of inspecting and testing
- Assembling and balancing components
- Functions of components used including:
- nuts used in mounting
- tool rests
- Mounting and Dressing abrasive wheels
Methods of Training
Participants are presented with the theoretical aspects of Abrasive Wheels.
Practical session will be incorporated
Duration: Half Day (2 sessions can be held per day)
Maximum No. of Participants: 10 per session
Alternatively, people can also be trained on an individual basis as we regularly run public courses in our Training Centre in Cork.
Call us on 021-4559180 for more information and available dates or send us a message via our Contact Form.