This is a comprehensive 1 day programme focusing on the role and responsibilities of the Manager or Supervisor within an effective safety management system.
- Common Law Duty of Care
- Implications of the 2005 Safety Act
- General Application Regulations, 2007
- Additional relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance documents
Systems for Managing Health and Safety
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment: A Practical approach
- Control Measures and implementation methods
- Review of changes to ensure ongoing improvement.
Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Root and Contributory Causes of Accidents
- Investigation Procedures
- Preventing recurrence
- Review of Accident Case Study
Effective Safety Management
- Role and Function of the Responsible Persons
- Safety Representation and Consultation
- Terms of reference
- Communicating the health and safety message
Training Issues Relating to Health and Safety
- Definition of Competence and implications for management
- Site Specific Training Requirements
- Importance of Records, Assessments and Evaluation
- Trainer Competence
No. of Participants: 10 – 12 maximum
Duration: 1 day
Participants can also be trained on an individual basis as we regularly run public courses in our Training Centre in Cork.
Call us on 021-4559180 for more information and available dates or send us a message via our Contact Form.