To comply with legislation, staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in the safe handling of loads.
This half-day course instructs employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to competently:
- Assess manual handling tasks
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Lift and handle loads safely
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in safe handling of loads:
– Lifting to and from ground level
– Lifting to and from a height
– Lifting bags/sacks
– Team Lifting (as appropriate)
Methods of Training
This course combines lecture methods with “hands-on” practical work using different types of materials in various workplace settings.