WELCOME TO ANDERLIFT
Anderlift Safety Services was formed in 2002. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of a well known engineering based company, Anderco Lifting, which has been trading successfully in Cork for over 25 years. Anderlift Safety Services is a nationwide provider of Health and Safety Training and Consultancy to both Industry and the Public Service.
We are a Quality Assured and Recognised training organisation. We provide training that is recognised on the National Framework of Awards, leading to QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) awards. We are IITD / FAS National Training Award Winners and our Training Manager, Oliver Carroll is a recipient of an individual national training award for his innovation in developing training programmes for key clients and staff.
Manual Handling Instructor
6S0242 – QQI Level 6 Award
This programme is designed to meet the QQI specification for candidates wishing to gain the QQI Level 6 Award for Manual Handling Instructor.
The 5 day programme is highly interactive, with a clear focus being placed on the analysis of practical manual handling techniques, risk assessment and the development of trainer skills.
The programme includes comprehensive information on:
- Legal Aspects relating to Manual Handling
- Delivery of a Practical Manual Handling lesson – covering Theoretical and Practical elements, using the Anderlift Presentation Model.
- Anatomy of the Spine, Work Physiology, Fitness and Flexibility, Biomechanics (Presented by Chartered Physiotherapist).
- Instructional Skills - to include student preperation and delivery of specified short presentations.
- Practical Lifting and moving of loads at different levels – Analysis of participant performance is a key factor of this module.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment and Ergonomics – This module focuses on the use of approved Risk Assessment templates to examine workplace manual handling activity. The module will also provide guidance on an important Risk Assessment Assignment that forms part of the overall course assessment.
Final Assessment includes:
- Student Presentations of Manual Handling Modules
- Written Test
- Practical Manual Handling Assessment
- Final Briefing on Course Assignment
- Course Discussion and Conclusion
Certification: Successful Candidates will receive the new Level 6 Award through the normal QQI submission process, subject to external authentication.
Appeals process: Anderlift have an Appeals process in place as part of our quality assurance agreement.
Support for Learners: Anderlift staff will provide a high level of mentoring to interested candidates and will provide specific guidance in relation to the assessment process.
For further information on awards and on QQI please go to www.QQI.ie
We can run this course in-company for up to 10 people.
We also run public courses for individuals wishing to complete this course in our Training Centre in Cork. Please click here for dates.
Call us on 021-4559180 for more details or send us a message via our contact form.